As of 2016, Hybrid Cloud PaaS has become the leading Cloud platform trending solution for corporate infrastructure upgrades and migrations. Today's Cloud is called CEAP which stands for: Cloud Enabled Application Platform. The following is a list of its advantages:
Lower cost, secure, agile, scalable, geographical DR solutions, faster, self managed, multi platform support, up-time reliability, resource management, lower power consumption, and more.
- Public cloud: Located off site which requires internet access.
- Private cloud: On-premise, on own infrastructure or by 3rd party. Advantage: High security & more control.
- Hybrid cloud: Public + Private (Most popular).
Hybrid Cloud models:
1. SaaS: Software as a Service.
2. PaaS: Platform as a Service.
a. aPaaS: Application Platform as a Service
b. iPaaS: Integration Platform as a Service
c. dbPaaS: Database Platform as a Service
d. bpmPaaS: Business Process Management Platform as a Service
3. IaaS:Infrastructure as a Service.
4. CaaS: Communication as a Service.
5. MaaS: Monitoring as a Service.
Onsite Hardware infrastructure is high maintenance, high cost, more physical labor, and higher outage percent rate per year. Utilizing Hybrid cloud services help minimize employees attention on IT challenges and instead allows more focus on daily business operations and continuity. Such approach helps in minimizing current infrastructure/business ops gaps with more precise and managed analytics.
Hybrid Cloud platform PaaS improves overall business performance, governance alignment, and stakeholders satisfaction meanwhile reducing IT spending. Ex: JP Morgan increased productivity by 300% while cutting cost.
More on Cloud services:
1. Cloud MOM: Storage DB
2. Cloud MFT: Managed File Transfers.
3. SOA: Service Oriented Architecture.
4. Multi-tenancy: A single instance of software instances operate on behalf of different tenants.
5. XaaS: Anything as a Service, general acronym of IT delivery as a service.